Best Things to Do in Naples in December
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas! It’s that time of year again and the holiday spirit is on full blast in Naples, Florida. Our incredible city offers all of your favorite holiday events – with none of the icy roads, snow shoveling, or sniffling colds. Whether you’re a year-round resident, recent transplant, or just stopping by for a visit, you’ll want to know the best things to do in Naples, Florida with your family this December.
Looking for Christmas cheer in Naples? At Naples Relocation Experts, we provide more than the traditional real estate services. We’re the Paradise Coast’s premier moving consultants, guiding families to fully acclimate to their new home and community. That includes loading you up with exciting, family-friendly activities to help you make the most of this wonderful time of year!
Be sure to mark your calendars for all of the following fun activities happening in Naples, Florida this holiday season.
Naples Bay Christmas Boat Parade
December 10, 2022 | 6:15 pm – 8:30 pm
The Naples Bay Christmas Boat Parade is one of the biggest and most highly anticipated boat parades in town! Hundreds of boats come decked out in Christmas lights and decorations to sail around Naples Bay. The parade may be viewed from Naples City Dock (ticketed), Pinchers Tin City, Riverwalk Restaurant, Naples Landing, Kelly’s Fish House, The Boat House on Naples Bay, and Bayview Park. Make sure to reserve a table or arrive early to secure a good spot!
Christmas on Third
Every Thursday & Friday until December 31, 2022 | 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
This year’s Christmas on Third event marks the 45th annual tree lighting and snowfall celebration in Naples. Every Thursday and Friday in the month of December, visitors can enjoy joyful activities, live music, decorations, and plenty of holiday cheer. On Thursdays, traditional christmas carolers sing through the streets. There will even be a scheduled “snowfall” at 7:00 pm each evening! Don’t miss the thousands of twinkling lights lighting up your holiday shopping trip on Third Street South. This event is free to attend.
The Naples Players’ Trees & Teas Festival
November 29 – December 18, 2022
Kick off the holiday season with the third annual Trees & Teas Festival at The Naples Players. The theatre lobby will be filled with trees designed by local artists in the theme of some of your favorite productions like Hairspray, Cruella, The Nutcracker, Wicked, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, and more! The event will also include a pop-up gift shop featuring teas, treats, holiday wreaths, and mini trees. Admission is $10 per adult and free for children 6 and under.
Johnsonville Night Lights in the Garden
November 25 – December 23, 2022; December 26 – 30, 2022; and January 1, 2023
Enjoy a sparkling family-friendly holiday exhibit at the Johnsonville Night Lights in the Garden at the Naples Botanical Garden. The experience includes a brightly lit campground tent with make-believe campfires where guests of all ages can “toast” faux marshmallows. Johnsonville Hot Dogs and Bratwursts, Dutchkinz® “Poffertjes” or Poffers®, coffee, and hot chocolate will also be available on select nights. Tickets can be purchased on the Naples Botanical Garden website.
Holiday Events at The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort
The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort is offering a variety of holiday events to add to your list of the best things to do in Naples, Florida in December! Tickets for all resort events are available on Eventbrite.
- 12 Days of Cocktails (December 13 – 24): Countdown to Christmas with exclusive holiday cocktails crafted with seasonal herbs and spices by the Bella Vista bartenders. A new cocktail will be introduced daily and retired at closing.
- Ugly Christmas Sweater Cocktail Party (December 16): Put on your most over-the-top holiday sweater and join the party with themed drinks, delicious food, live music, and an Ugliest Sweater contest.
- Breakfast with Santa (December 17): Dine with Santa Claus at a buffet-style breakfast perfect for kids. Santa and his elves will grant Christmas wishes with a special gift for each child and complimentary holiday photos. Admission is $75 for adults, $50 for children aged 3-12, and $15 for children aged 0-2.
- Gingerbread House School (December 22 & 23): The talented pastry chefs at the Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort will help children decorate a gingerbread masterpiece while sipping hot cocoa and coffee. This event costs $195 for a group of four and reservations are required.
- Christmas Grand Buffet (December 25): Celebrate Christmas morning with an artful buffet featuring carving stations, seafood bar, cheese display, fresh fruits, desserts, and more. The Christmas Grand Buffet is $155 per adult, $60 per child aged 3-12, and free for children under 2.
- New Year’s Eve Celebration (December 31): Welcome the new year with a roaring ‘20s themed party. The evening includes a gourmet buffet, Dom Perignon enhancement packages, a live band, and midnight fireworks. Tickets are $250 per person and $100 for the children’s buffet.
Holiday Pops with the Naples Philharmonic
December 15 – 18, 2022
Listen to a “Holiday Pops” special performance by the Naples Philharmonic, Naples Philharmonic Chorus, and Naples Philharmonic Youth Chorus featuring holiday classics. The performance will include favorite holiday tunes such as “It’s Beginning to Look Like Christmas,” “The Little Drummer Boy,” “Santa Claus is Coming to Town,” and much more! Indoor and outdoor seating options are available, and tickets can be purchased on the Artis-Naples website.
Candlelight Christmas Carols at Cambier Park
December 16, 2022 | 5:30 pm – 8:00 pm
Sing your heart out at the 5th annual Candlelight Christmas Carols event at Cambier Park! The experience includes live music by local musicians as well as carolers singing and illuminating the park with candles. A food truck will be onsite with refreshments, beer, and wine available for purchase. Lyrics sheets and electric candles will be provided free of charge.
The Nutcracker by Naples Ballet
December 20 & 21, 2022
Make sure to include The Nutcracker Ballet on your list of best things to do in Naples, Florida in December! Naples Ballet presents a fantastical retelling of Tchaikovsky’s The Nutcracker. The ballet will be performed by local dancers from Naples Ballet, professional international soloists, and accompanied by the Naples Philharmonic. Tickets can be purchased on the Artis-Naples website.
Neighborhood Christmas Lights
If one of your favorite Christmas activities is driving by houses to see their kitschy and unique light displays, you won’t be disappointed in Naples! We have several neighborhoods perfect for a leisurely holiday drive with the family to get in the holiday spirit.
- Victoria Park (a must-see!)
- Pelican Bay
- Port Royal
- Palm River
- Willoughby Acres
What to Expect for Weather in Naples, Florida in December
You can always expect a white Christmas in Southwest Florida – and by “white,” we mean all of the white sandy beaches you’ll be visiting! December is a famously beautiful time of year in Naples. On average, the temperature is a high of 74.8°F (23.8°C) and a low of 64.4°F (18°C) with 76% humidity. The month of December is also one of the least rainy months for the area with only 7.9 rainfall days and 0.87” of rainfall on average. If you’re planning to take a dip in the ocean, the average sea temperature this month is 71.2°F (21.7°C).
Overall, you can feel confident that you’ll have plenty of great weather to enjoy all of the activities our city has to offer. Part of the magic of living in the Sunshine State is the year-round access to outdoor events and entertainment. Check out our City of Naples Lifestyle Guide to read more about what it’s like to live in Naples.
If you’re interested in learning more about the best things to do in Naples, Florida or what else our incredible city has to offer, contact the team at Naples Relocation Experts. We’re always available to provide the local knowledge and support you need to help your family love Naples as much as we do.
- Finding The Right Partner For Corporate Relocation - October 10, 2023
- Why Networking As A Realtor Is Fundamental For Success - September 20, 2023
- What Amenities Make A Good Investment Property Great - September 10, 2023